[wp-docs] Common PHP Errors

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Thu Apr 21 20:24:07 GMT 2005

Robert Deaton wrote:
> A few problems, with unexpected strings, the things you have listed
> aren't necessarily the case. Some thing, such as not putting semicolons
> at the end of a line can trigger some of these errors. An also important
> one to list would be header errors that are often attributed to plugins

It'll be a major undertaking to provide a comprehensive debugging guide.
 I'd like to provide some pointers for the sorts of things that
generally crop up due to user error, and not (necessarily) logic errors.

Syntax mistakes can be a bear for a frustrated newbie to chase down; but
if we can give them a few pointers for the kinds of things the error
messages generally mean, they might better help themselves.

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35