[wp-docs] Starting a Codex translation

Matthew Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Thu Apr 21 07:21:59 GMT 2005

Ryan Boren wrote:
> All of those are in strings that are marked for translation (I just
> marked the string containing Enable_Sending_Referrers.  Do we want to
> mark the links in admin-footer and the dashboard so that translators can
> make them point to native language resources (such as
> channel.wordpress.de and forum.wordpress.de for the German translation)?

I think that's an excellent idea we should explore more, I don't think
it's right for 1.5.1 yet though. Just like we have maintainers for the
different translations we need international webmasters/project leaders
for the different efforts, particularly if they're going te live on
countrycode.wordpress.org. I think longer term that's the best solution.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | http://cnet.com