[wp-docs] Starting a Codex translation

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Thu Apr 21 06:58:17 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 23:38 -0700, Matthew Mullenweg wrote:
> K Suominen wrote:
> > If anyone has information to add, especially about having audited the
> > WP code for Codex links, that would be great.
>
> These are all the pages linked:
>
> * http://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrade_1.2_to_1.5
> * http://codex.wordpress.org/IRC
> * http://codex.wordpress.org/Importing_from_other_blogging_software
> * http://codex.wordpress.org/XML-RPC_Support
> * http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API
> * http://codex.wordpress.org/Enable_Sending_Referrers
> * http://codex.wordpress.org/Spam_Words
> * http://codex.wordpress.org/Make_a_Directory_Writable
> * http://codex.wordpress.org/Update_Services

All of those are in strings that are marked for translation (I just
marked the string containing Enable_Sending_Referrers.  Do we want to
mark the links in admin-footer and the dashboard so that translators can
make them point to native language resources (such as
channel.wordpress.de and forum.wordpress.de for the German translation)?

Ryan