[wp-docs] Search Engines Grab Users

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 22:28:23 GMT 2005

"As exciting as that headline is, the ROUGH DRAFT articles I posted in my
user section have already been grabbed by Google and others." ...
"Now this information, and who knows what else, is out there for the world
see and put into action - AND IT COULD BE VERY WRONG ADVICE."

User pages being indexed means that incomplete articles with potentially
damanging information are ending up under google search results, if I
understand the gist of this.

On 4/15/05, Matthew Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:

> Carthik Sharma wrote:
> > Don't the Meta Tags have to be in the head, though?
> >
> > Codex does not allow one to define the head of documents.
>
> What's the problem with user pages being indexed in the first place?
>
> --
> Matt Mullenweg
> http://photomatt.net | http://wordpress.org
> http://pingomatic.com | http://cnet.com