[wp-docs] 1.5.1 Release Notes

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 05:46:17 GMT 2005

On Apr 4, 2005 12:10 AM, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> wrote:
> Anyone started on 1.5.1 release notes?
I took a shot at it, and started the work.

>I'm thinking we can pattern them
> after the Firefox and GNOME release notes.
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/1.0.2.html
> http://gnome.org/start/2.10/

Good idea.

> Things to mention on the front page of the release notes:
>
> * Link to dev blog announcement.
> * Where to get it.
> * How to install it.
> * Overview of what changed.
Overview - I have been in and out, and would probably can take a first
shot at this. If someone else can do this, it would be great, and a
lot better, too.

> * Highlight any security bugs.
Do we know of any that persist? Are all known XSS issues fixed?

http://codex.wordpress.org/Changelog/1.5.1

http://codex.wordpress.org/Changelog/1.5.1#Changed_Files

> * List of known issues (Maybe just a link to open bugs in Mosquito.  We
> won't have any big outstanding issues).
Same page as above.

> >From there, someone could write an short article on 1.5.1 along the
> lines of:
>
> http://gnome.org/start/2.10/notes/
>
> Of course, we won't have nearly so much to say.

Right, that should be easy to do if the preceding items are completed.

> Also, a link to a list of credits.
This we should start building upon.

Please feel free to use the Changelog/1.5.1 page to add details, or
use as a clip pad. We can reorganize stuff into different pages later,
if so desired. Lets get the info together.

Reminder: If the image uploads at Codex are restored, we could use new
screenshots. They often speak more than words :)

> Ryan

Thanks Ryan,
Carthik.
--