[HyperDB] HyperDB and strange characters

Colin Ogilvie cogilvie at plus.net
Wed Jun 25 12:56:55 GMT 2008

Andy Skelton wrote:
> Yes, my idea is that HyperDB isn't doing SET NAMES in multiple-db
> mode. I'm working on an update that includes a fix for this.

Cool, cheers Andy.

Although that was my initial thoughts too, I did try testing calling the
SET NAMES query, but it didn't seem to do much, but then I've just
realised that was me being a bit silly ($this->charset wasn't defined
becuase that's done after the MULTIPLE_DB bit :))

However, just copying the code doesn't work, because $this->query tries
to connect to the database in mutliple mode.

I've thought of just doing a straight "mysql_query" on it which may work?

If you come up with a better way and want me to test it please drop me
an email (unfortunately, the platform I'm testing on is not available to
the internet at large).

Cheers
Colin

--