[gravatar-polygots] Some comments about i18n of Gravatar

Demitrious Kelly demitrious at automattic.com
Tue Mar 3 02:16:46 GMT 2009

ok Grav should now redirect based on your browsers accept-language
request header... this, of course, assumes that you're on
en.gravatar.com, that one of your preferred languages matches a gravatar
translation, and that en doesnt occur before the first valid other
language in the request header.  (prefix).gravatar.com always forces the
translation unless (prefix) is "en" which is how this all gets kicked
off.  so...

en.gravatar.com/emails (accept-language: sv,en) will redirect to
http://sv.gravatar.com/emails and display swedish

en.gravatar.com/emails (accept-language: blah,sv,en) will redirect to
http://sv.gravatar.com/emails and display swedish

en.gravatar.com/emails (accept-language: en,sv) will not redirect and
display english

sv.gravatar.com/emails (accept-language: en) will not redirect and
display swedish

sv.gravatar.com/emails (accept-language: fr,en) will not redirect, and
display swedish

If I messed up somewhere on this, please let me know. I'm doing my best
to learn fast here :) I will address the other concerns as time permits

Cheers!
DK