[glotpress] User registrations

Nikolay Bachiyski nb at nikolay.bg
Thu Mar 11 12:06:30 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 13:59, Alex Hempton-Smith
<hempsworth at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've installed GlotPress trunk to service translations of a plugin,
> and I've got some problems..

Our goal is to make all wp.org plugins from the repository
translatable via translate.wordpress.org.

> Firstly, I can't see any way to change my password after installation.
>
> Secondly, strings require users to be logged in to translate, however
> there isn't a registration page.. How do I allow users to create an
> account and then translate?

The best way is to use a WordPress install. I preferred to focus on
other stuff in GlotPress than creating user management screens.

Also, every place we've used it so far is tied to an external user
base. When the need comes, we will have user management, too. Of
course, if you want to help adding such functionality -- it would be
great :-)

Happy hacking,
Nikolay.