[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #9075: When first activating BuddyPress with 12.1.1, 12.0.0 deprecated functions are not loaded

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jan 21 15:08:26 UTC 2024

#9075: When first activating BuddyPress with 12.1.1, 12.0.0 deprecated functions
are not loaded
---------------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  imath                            |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                     |      Status:  new

Comment (by emaralive):

 @imath - Ran the tests prior to looking more closely at the latest change
 for PR 219 and although the tests had passed, I think we need to revisit
 how the function
 **{{{bp_get_deprecated_functions_versions()}}}** should behave. Meaning,
 the latest change appears to be fixing a symptom and not the root cause of
 which originated with version 11.0 (the not loading of deprecated
 functions when there is a fresh install). There was a fix for 12 beta to
 load the deprecated functions which again fixed a symptom and not the root
 cause, which is why 12.1.1 failed to load the deprecated functions.

 IOW, we need a real fix for what I guess will be 12.3.0, which will give
 us time to reexamine the aforementioned function.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9075#comment:11>