[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #9075: When first activating BuddyPress with 12.1.1, 12.0.0 deprecated functions are not loaded

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 18 11:54:19 UTC 2024

#9075: When first activating BuddyPress with 12.1.1, 12.0.0 deprecated functions
are not loaded
---------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  imath                      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)               |      Status:  new
Changes (by imath):

 * priority:  high => highest
 * severity:  normal => major

Comment:

 The problem is more that `$initial_version` is always a major release. So
 the $current_version should be used to find the corresponding major
 version.

 Our logic for new installs was to avoid loading deprecated functions. We
 changed it for 12.0.0 because we rightly thought it will take more time
 for 3rd party plugins or themes developer to be ready for this huge
 release.

 Unfortunately, we haven't thought about the case when BuddyPress is first
 installed with a minor release.

 Reading latest support replies, it looks like it's also happening when
 upgrading from 12.0. I need to check if it's happening when BuddyPress was
 first installed with 12.0 in this case or with any previous releases.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9075#comment:2>