[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8561: Allow Custom Logo in Email Header, and allow Header and Footer to accept HTML Content

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Dec 24 02:37:51 UTC 2023

#8561: Allow Custom Logo in Email Header, and allow Header and Footer to accept
HTML Content
-----------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  gamicord               |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  closed

Comment (by gbordormor22):

 Your answer is helpful, but not very helpful.

 What this means, is that-- for those who are strong Developers and can
 write PHP, and know much about Template overrides, your answer would have
 led them on the right path of how to solve their problem.

 But for those who are Dummies, and know nothing about writing the first
 line of PHP, and know nothing about Template overrides, your answer will
 leave them more confused and lost than ever.

 I am asking for a default feature in BuddyPress Core-- where we don't need
 to do anything extra to get our BuddyPress Email Header to **natively**
 accept our **Site Logo** either through **Tokens** or Short tags like
 {site_logo}.

 You see, in WordPress, we simply go to **Customizer**. And under **Site
 Identity**, we choose Site icon, Site Logo, Tagline and all such---
 without needing extra Code snippets, Template override and any other
 whatnots.

 I am asking that BuddyPress 12.0 should function in similar way-- where in
 the Settings, we should just normally add Static or dynamic contents like
 {site_logo} in the Header, and this should normally fetch the Site Logo,
 without us needing extra Code snippets, Template override and any other
 whatnots.

 Since May 2009 of BuddyPress' release, this is 14 Years that BuddyPress
 has been serving us plain Email Header.

 in BuddyPress 12.0, this stance should change. It's time for BuddyPress to
 advance and evolve its Email Templates, and give us ability to now add our
 Site Logo in our Email Header, as well as the ability to add Site Logo and
 other dynamic contents to our Email Footer as well.

 2.) I saw this Code on Github---- https://github.com/imath/bp-email-
 header-logo/blob/master/bp-email-header-logo.php

 is this Code still relevant for BuddyPress 12.0 ? --- and can I insert it
 into my Live website to have the Email Header Logo on my BuddyPress 12.0
 powered website?

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8561#comment:2>