[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #8984: BP Add-ons Plugin admin tabs: stop using buddypress wp.org account favorites to fill this tab

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Aug 27 11:44:03 UTC 2023

#8984: BP Add-ons Plugin admin tabs: stop using buddypress wp.org account
favorites to fill this tab
----------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  imath           |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |    Version:
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:  needs-patch
----------------------------+-------------------------
 Using this way of listing tabs isn't stable enough, we need to think about
 adding the Add-ons as favorites of the `buddypress` wp.org account.

 We should use the `author` field of the `query_plugins` WP.org API
 endpoint and edit all Add-ons readme.txt to reflect this.

 I believe it's very important to be sure to have the BP Classic plugin
 listed into this tab (as well as BP Attachments), and they are not so far.

 I've already created these PRs on Add-ons GH repositories:

 - https://github.com/buddypress/bp-beta-tester/pull/3
 - https://github.com/buddypress/bp-attachments/pull/87
 - https://github.com/buddypress/bp-classic/pull/25
 - https://github.com/buddypress/bp-rewrites/pull/52
 - https://github.com/buddypress/bp-blocks/pull/82

 I'll add a PR to this ticket about the BP Core Administration change

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8984>