[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7670: Let user pass additional param to edit_field_html() to show/hide form labels

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 31 11:19:59 UTC 2018

#7670: Let user pass additional param to edit_field_html() to show/hide form
labels
------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  hnla              |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new
Changes (by DJPaul):

 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => Under Consideration

Comment:

 It seems strange to me that our templates have not been using form labels
 correctly since day 1. I mean, this was in HTML 4.01. I think addressing
 that is more valuable than providing an "opt-in" parameter to control this
 behaviour.

 This is why I built the patch on #7665 that fixes the past mistake. There
 are legitimate concerns about backwards compatibility, but those should be
 discussed in #7665.

 Now we have `bp-template/shared/`, I am open to considering a suggestion,
 made previously in #5799, of moving the template-y bits of field types
 into partial templates. This would prevent the filter juggling that
 @antonioeatgoat said they've had to do. And probably keep @hnla from
 grumbling about this again in the future. 😊

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7670#comment:7>