[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7667: xprofile field types - required fields aren't marked with HTML5 "required" property.

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 24 13:49:35 UTC 2018

#7667: xprofile field types - required fields aren't marked with HTML5 "required"
property.
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  DJPaul            |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |     Status:  new
Component:  Extended Profile  |    Version:
 Severity:  normal            |   Keywords:
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 In xprofile field types, required fields aren't marked with the HTML5
 "required" property, though they are marked with `aria-require`.

 I don't think we should replace the latter with the former because
 https://developer.mozilla.org/en-
 US/docs/Web/Accessibility/ARIA/ARIA_Techniques/Using_the_aria-
 required_attribute says that "HTML5 now has the `required` attribute, but
 `aria-required` is still useful for user agents that do not yet support
 HTML5."

 There doesn't seem to be harm in using both.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7667>