[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7656: Update `bp_new_group_invite_friend_list` for new $args to support full list markup

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 17 10:24:26 UTC 2018

#7656: Update `bp_new_group_invite_friend_list` for new $args to support full list
markup
-------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  hnla         |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by hnla):

 1. Will patch to.

 2. looked at kses but not sure it's appropriate here? In only accepting a
 plain string isn't kses and it's element array overkill, I'm not sure how
 we use it in this specific context ( we do utilise wp_kses elsewhere in BP
 core iirc though).

 Am in favour though of preventing daft strings being passed in and
 rendered e.g 'dib', 'uk' so maybe a simpler approach, create our own array
 of allowed strings and then do a basic in_array check whilst retaining the
 esc_html... maybe:

 {{{
 $allowed_elements = array('ul', 'div', 'p');
 if ( ! empty( $r['after_list'] ) && in_array( $r['after_list'],
 $allowed_elements ) ) {
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7656#comment:2>