[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7656: Update `bp_new_group_invite_friend_list` for new $args to support full list markup

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jan 13 21:55:55 UTC 2018

#7656: Update `bp_new_group_invite_friend_list` for new $args to support full list
markup
-------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  hnla         |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Groups       |    Version:
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:  has-patch
-------------------------+-----------------------
 `bp_new_group_invite_friend_list()` generates a list of friends wrapped in
 `li` markup however it does not account for the required parent markup
 leaving that to the template and therefore additional checks to ensure
 hardcoded markup not displayed if list function empty.

 Patch adds two args to handle before & after args string & a simple class
 arg to output classes on the parent element.

 The args are deliberately defaulted to empty strings to ensure we don't
 upset existing use, they would need to be explicitly passed for any
 generated markup.

 This relates to a recent change to Nouveau create group steps where we
 needed to update the template and used this function before realising that
 it only rendered li elements without a 'ul' construct.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7656>