[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7938: Using the same activation key results in wrong "Invalid activation key" error

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Aug 24 14:55:43 UTC 2018

#7938: Using the same activation key results in wrong "Invalid activation key"
error
---------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  r-a-y          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new
Changes (by DJPaul):

 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => Under Consideration

Comment:

 Assuming these codes are somewhat randomly generated in our end (MD5, I'd
 guess), it's amusing to me that we find reports with the key conflicting.
 I'm not sure where we store it, but if a user is activated, I can't see
 any reason why we need to keep that key around (we could delete it?).

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7938#comment:1>