[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7597: No way to disable the email notification to the site admin of a new user registration

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Sep 15 09:41:33 UTC 2017

#7597: No way to disable the email notification to the site admin of a new user
registration
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  antonioeatgoat  |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |     Status:  new
Component:  Registration    |    Version:
 Severity:  major           |   Keywords:  has-patch
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Once an user signs up, an email notification is sent to the admin from the
 BuddyPress function {{{bp_core_activate_signup}}} using the WordPress
 method {{{wp_new_user_notification}}}. There is no way to avoid this
 programmatically.

 This might seems pointless at a first glance but it can be very helpful
 for membership or registration management plugins and it can be achieved
 in 1 minute. These plugins may have settings to improve the content of
 that email which cannot be used if BuddyPress is active, because it send a
 standard email. I experienced it with my own plugin that allow to manually
 approve registered users.

 A simple filter like the example patch attached would does the job.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7597>