[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7612: Accessibility: Replace links with href="#" references with Semantic Elements

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Oct 21 14:30:05 UTC 2017

#7612: Accessibility: Replace links with href="#" references with Semantic
Elements
-------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  mercime                  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  new

Comment (by hnla):

 @mercime the majority of this seems to test ok with the following
 comments:

 1. webcam capture/save & avatar crop buttons changes fine - yes styling
 issues but those are in BP core as styles are hardcoded to the anchor
 selector so hopefully simply removing `a` to leave `.button` should be
 fine.

 2. Avatar/cover image delete buttons fine, some styling concern with one
 but not due to button element change.

 3. Can't comment on the post form, as those parts of the backbone template
 aren't making sense to me however the change to button is a valid one
 so...

 4. Invite users: Main commnet here is the anchor link will fail as not
 technically in a loop for bp_member_permalink to work and finding a
 user_id here is going to be hard, I would not bother with a link  partly
 as moving away from this screen simply loses it and resets back to the
 main invites screen as there's no state preserved, you either send or have
 to re-select the users to invite. Maybe compliment the alt attr with our
 bp-tooltip and user name so that there's a visual cue to the user?

 5. Invite users pagination: I'm assuming here that the button change
 should be fine because we've screen hid the text so assume there's meant
 to be icon representation  but not rendering any and haven't the markup to
 generate one on that we can hide from screen readers so this needs work.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7612#comment:8>