[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7580: PHP Warning: Illegal offset type in wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-activity/bp-activity-functions.php on line 734

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 17 16:04:08 UTC 2017

#7580: PHP Warning:  Illegal offset type in wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-
activity/bp-activity-functions.php on line 734
-------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  magland            |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  closed

Comment (by magland):

 Hi I believe it may be due to the fact I am filtering activity types out
 of the sitewide activity with the following code:

 {{{#!php
 <?php
 function my_custom_bp_activity_types( $retval ) {

         // only filter stuff from the main timeline...
         if( ! bp_is_activity_directory()) {

                 return $retval;
         }

         // get all registered activity types including custom ones
         $allArray = bp_activity_get_types();
         $allKeys = array();
         foreach($allArray as $key => $value) {
                 array_push($allKeys, $key);
         }

         // an array of things we want to exclude
         $excludeArray = array(
                 'new_member',
                 'new_avatar',
                 'updated_profile',
                 'friendship_accepted',
                 'friendship_created',
                 'joined_group',
                 'compliment_sent',
                 'compliment_received'
         );

         // remove the array we want to exclude using array_diff
         $diff = array_diff($allKeys, $excludeArray);

         // set the action to our new $diff array
     $retval['action'] = $diff;

         // make sure to return it!
     return $retval;
 }
 add_filter( 'bp_after_has_activities_parse_args',
 'my_custom_bp_activity_types' );
 }}}

 with that filter in place I get an array of allowed activity types
 returned if I do this:

 {{{#!php
 <?php
 function bp_activity_post_type_get_tracking_arg( $activity_type, $arg = ''
 ) {

         print '<pre>';
         print_r($activity_type);
         print '</pre>';