[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7218: Only load component action and screen code when we're on the component's page

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 25 16:37:20 UTC 2017

#7218: Only load component action and screen code when we're on the component's
page
-------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  r-a-y        |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * keywords:  has-patch dev-feedback => has-patch

Comment:

 General approach looks good to me. `bp_is_active()` checks for
 intercomponent dependencies is definitely good, regardless of the screen
 function stuff. For screen functions, I still think that autoloading would
 be more elegant, but that's something we can approach in the future, and
 shouldn't block these improvements
 https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7218#comment:16

 Let's be sure to mention the changes in the beta announcement, and/or urge
 plugin devs via bpdevel to test for compatibility issues.

 > Also, I am conditionally loading the <table> markup used on the
 "Settings > Email" page as chances are this code isn't going to be used
 outside of that page.

 This code is loaded during the save routine in addition to the screen
 function, for validation reasons. I haven't checked myself, but you should
 be sure that this validation continues to work.
 https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/src/bp-settings/bp-
 settings-functions.php?marks=98#L83

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7218#comment:27>