[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #3889: When searching on the activity page, you cannot search using an authors name.

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jun 4 00:33:35 UTC 2017

#3889: When searching on the activity page, you cannot search using an authors
name.
 Reporter:  fanquake     |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by tw2113):

 Big conflict with adding username searching is that BuddyPress doesn't
 store user information as username. It's by user ID.

 Perhaps, we could do a boolean based filter to conditionally search users.
 Basically, if the filter returns true, we do a user lookup by username. If
 we find a valid user, then we add the sql clause for also searching for
 the ID column based on the found user's ID.

 See diff attached.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3889#comment:6>