[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7218: Only load component action and screen code when we're on the component's page

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Dec 12 16:51:52 UTC 2017

#7218: Only load component action and screen code when we're on the component's
page
-----------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  r-a-y            |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by r-a-y):

 Your understanding of the ticket is correct.

 About your code example, I don't really mind if we use either a static or
 non-static method here.

 The only thing I care about is using separate classes instead of having an
 action or screen God class.  We're used to using one class to cover a lot
 of things, but we should preferably move away from this type of class
 going forward.  I touch on this a bit in comment:31.

 I understand having everything consolidated is easier to manage though.
 If another lead dev agrees about using a God class, I'll move everything
 into one action / screen class for this ticket.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7218#comment:39>