[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7349: When user is not logged , in he/she clicks email link to view new messages gets 404 page when should get login page

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 19 22:28:37 UTC 2017

#7349: When user is not logged , in he/she clicks email link to view new messages
gets 404 page when should get login page
-------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  dkelm                    |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new

Comment (by r-a-y):

 `ray.patch` implements the following:

 - New `'visibility'` parameter in `bp_core_new_nav_item()`.  If set to
 `false`, this allows for a nav item to be hidden, but the screen function
 to still be registered.  I still need to add PHPDoc for this parameter.
 - Adds the login redirector from BP Group Email Subscription as per
 `2.patch`.  Also adds the `auth` parameter to `bp_core_no_access()` so we
 don't have to manually call it as in `2.patch`.  We should maybe think
 about renaming the `auth` parameter to something else.
 - For the message single thread screen, use `bp_core_no_access()` instead
 of redirecting to `/members/X/messages/`.  Also removes the redirect from
 `messages_action_conversation()` since this shouldn't be added in this
 function.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7349#comment:13>