[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7273: Utilize do_action_deprecated() and apply_filters_deprecated() for old filters.

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Sep 30 18:55:23 UTC 2016

#7273: Utilize do_action_deprecated() and apply_filters_deprecated() for old
filters.
 Reporter:  tw2113       |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Core         |    Version:
 Severity:  minor        |   Keywords:
 This will require WordPress being minimum version 4.6.x before we can
 implement.

 As the BuddyPress codebase has evolved over the years, we have replaced
 actions and filters with better or more appropriate hooks. In order to
 prevent breaking backwards compatibility, we have left the old hooks in
 place as well.

 We should invest time, once possible, to replace the old hook calls with
 the new do_action_deprecated() and apply_filters_deprecated() functions to
 let developers know more directly that they should update their code to
 match current BuddyPress.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7273>