[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7091: Template Enhancement: On templates with loops (ie. groups/single/members) provide more context with messages on empty

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 26 02:54:06 UTC 2016

#7091: Template Enhancement: On templates with loops (ie. groups/single/members)
provide more context with messages on empty
-----------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse              |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                  |     Status:  new
Component:  Appearance - Template Parts  |    Version:  2.5.0
 Severity:  normal                       |   Keywords:
-----------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hello,

 Within most templates that have a loop such as the
 groups/single/members.php the conditional (if bp_group_has_members) has an
 else which provides a message in this case 'No members were found'.

 I'd like to request the else portion of these type of conditionals to
 check if we're dealing with a search request which is turning up empty or
 if there are simply no items (ie. members).

 So currently the else holds;
 {{{#!php
 <?php else: ?>

 ?></p>

 <?php endif; ?>
 }}}

 I would like this to have a check for if search and provide alternate
 messaging depending upon this so the user knows if there are actually no
 items (members) or if there were simply none found.
 {{{#!php
 <?php else: ?>

         <?php if ( isset( $_REQUEST['members_search'] ) ) : ?>

 'buddypress' ); ?></p>

         <?php else: ?>

 'buddypress' ); ?></p>

         <?php endif; ?>