[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6935: Buddypress 2.5.0 Private Messaging Bug: Can't add multiple users to message on compose screen

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 4 15:11:06 UTC 2016

#6935: Buddypress 2.5.0 Private Messaging Bug: Can't add multiple users to message
on compose screen
-----------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  markob17               |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  new

Comment (by hnla):

 It's rock hard place. our templates wrong the script is wrong, to simply
 fix hard without possibly upsetting established layouts.

 happening) we do start of with an empty 'li' element as the script builds
 that as these sorts of scripts like to.

 To retain the 'fix' we could remove the templates hardcoded li elements:
 {{{
 <ul class="first acfb-holder">
  <?php bp_message_get_recipient_tabs(); ?>
  <input type="text" name="send-to-input" class="send-to-input" id="send-
 to-input" />
 </ul>
 }}}

 In the script we change the `.closest()` to:

 `var x = jQuery(settings.inputClass,tmp).siblings('li').after(v);`

 This works however then throws up a similar error in having an unsupported
 element as child of a 'ul' in the input - wrapping input in li causes the
 original issue that the script gets confused over the hardcoded li
 elements, without minutely picking over the script  not sure why this
 happens.

 Think we have to go with the revert and 2.6 re-factor, update the template
 and re-write the script, and say sorry if it upsets any layouts.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6935#comment:17>