[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6935: Buddypress 2.5.0 Private Messaging Bug: Can't add multiple users to message on compose screen

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 3 23:59:24 UTC 2016

#6935: Buddypress 2.5.0 Private Messaging Bug: Can't add multiple users to message
on compose screen
-----------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  markob17               |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  new

Comment (by imath):

 @r-a-y Thanks a lot for the JSHint cleaning :)

 I think what's a bit too bad in playing in the area you chose is that the
 extra check will happen each time a new user will be added - it's not a
 big deal, though :) But we probably only need to do this check when
 document is ready

 I suggest 2 other possibilities, both are making sure the
 `bp_message_get_recipient_tabs()` is building its html the same way the
 autocomplete does so that the layout is consistent. And differs as
 explained below:

 -  6935.2.patch is using the `messages_autocomplete_init_jsblock()`
 function to run only once (when document is ready) a specific check and
 eventually reorganize the trouble with
 `members/single/messages/compose.php`.
 - 6935.3.patch is from my point of view the correct fix if we had a dev-
 cycle above us as it edits the `members/single/messages/compose.php` the
 way it should be.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6935#comment:8>