[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7199: The 'new_blog' activity can be deleted when a contributor is removed from the blog

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jul 24 19:19:28 UTC 2016

#7199: The 'new_blog' activity can be deleted when a contributor is removed from
the blog
--------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  imath         |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Blogs         |    Version:  2.6.0
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  has-patch
--------------------------+-----------------------
 Working on #6026, i've noticed 2 things:

 1. When a user is removed from the blog, we are deleting twice the
 activity (in `bp_blogs_remove_blog_for_user()` and in
 `bp_blogs_delete_new_blog_activity_for_site()`
 2. When a contributor is removed from the blog, although he is not the
 author of the 'new_blog' activity, the 'new_blog' activity is removed.

 I think 1. is some code we forgot to remove in 2.6 while moving code
 specific to the activity component in `bp-blogs-activity.php` (see #6937)

 About 2. i think it's there for a pretty long time.

 See attached patch and unit tests.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7199>