[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6802: I'm having an issue with the latest Buddypress update which I just. Redirect Loop

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 1 19:45:27 UTC 2016

#6802: I'm having an issue with the latest Buddypress update which I just.
Redirect Loop
-----------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  Dono12                       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                 |      Status:  new

Comment (by Dono12):

 Replying to [ticket:6802 Dono12]:
 > I'm using this code snippet to redirect registering users
 > to the default Wordpress Registration form. Located in bp_custom.php
 >
 > // hacks and mods will go here  This Version is plugin folder
 > /**
 >  * Disables BuddyPress' registration process and fallsback to WordPress'
 one.
 >  */
 >
 > {{{
 > function my_disable_bp_registration() {
 >   remove_action( 'bp_init',    'bp_core_wpsignup_redirect' );
 >   remove_action( 'bp_screens', 'bp_core_screen_signup' );
 > }
 > add_action( 'bp_loaded', 'my_disable_bp_registration' );
 > add_filter( 'bp_get_signup_page', "firmasite_redirect_bp_signup_page");
 >     function firmasite_redirect_bp_signup_page($page ){
 >         return bp_get_root_domain() . '/wp-signup.php';
 >  }
 > }}}
 >

 > The problem I'm having is registration is now inopperable.
 > When the default Wordpress register button is clicked it takes
 > the user to an error page:
 >
 > This webpage has a redirect loop
 >
 > ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS.
 >

 > I know the problem stems from Buddypress because during my trouble
 shooting I've disabled all plugins and the problem was narrowed down to
 the Buddpress
 > plugin. Does anyone have a fix for this. During my research to fix this
 issue I've came acrooss others with similar issues.

 > http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/211687/too-many-redirects-
 error-when-redirecting-buddypress-register-page-to-wordpress

 '''
 Found A Solution:'''

 '''CHANGE'''
 {{{
 [return bp_get_root_domain() . ''''/wp-signup.php';''']
 }}}

 '''TO'''
 {{{
  return bp_get_root_domain() . ''''/wp-login.php?action=register';'''
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6802#comment:1>