[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6912: BP Email prevents the activation email to be resend by the admin / BP Email fails when used in an Administration screen

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Feb 15 12:26:37 UTC 2016

#6912: BP Email prevents the activation email to be resend by the admin / BP Email
fails when used in an Administration screen
--------------------------------------+-----------------
 Reporter:  imath                     |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)              |     Status:  new
Component:  General - Administration  |    Version:
 Severity:  blocker                   |   Keywords:
--------------------------------------+-----------------
 If you try to resend the activation email from the Signups Administration
 screen, although the feedback message tells you the email was sent, it's
 actually not sent.

 That's because the BP Email feature relies on the `bp_locate_template()`
 function to get the template, and we cannot load a template into an
 administration screen. I had a similar issue with the Avatar UI (#6348)
 and we finally used `require`.

 But i don't think we can do this here, as this would prevent template
 overrides...

 To be sure that was the problem, i've used the mail-admin.patch and i
 confirm using it, the email is sent successfully.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6912>