[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7391: Can 'change' visibility on registration form even for fields marked "Enforce field visibility"

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 15 19:35:09 UTC 2016

#7391: Can 'change' visibility on registration form even for fields marked
"Enforce field visibility"
------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  maccast                 |       Owner:  hnla
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by hnla):

 * owner:   => hnla
 * status:  new => assigned

Comment:

 @boonebgorges yep my concern was not not getting caps checks per sé but
 that what we were/are checking is not really a user capability but simply
 a check to see whether something said yes or no, however the more I looked
 and thought about the caps functions made sense but don't find them easy
 to fathom at a glance.

 >of always passing the field_id to the bp_current_user_can() check, and
 only use the bp_get_the_profile_field_id() value as a fallback

 Yes I too looked first for a means to use $field_id but failed so used
 `bp_get_the_profile_field_id()` but it felt wrong.

 I'll run your patch tomorrow - Your patch makes sense reading it through
 so sure this will be fine to address this ticket and regression.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7391#comment:10>