[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7376: UX confusion: Inconsistent definitions of activity in members loop template functions

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 5 20:35:40 UTC 2016

#7376: UX confusion: Inconsistent definitions of activity in members loop template
functions
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  ryanrain     |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by hnla):

 But `bp_member_latest_update()` is just that a user status update i.e the
 thing you fill in above the act stream, what we refer to as the 'what's
 new {user}` textarea.

 The member loop displays this but is not intended to show any other user
 activity as that would likely be far to much to ever show.

 Thus the members loop isn't inconsistent it's consistent with what was
 intended to be shown there if that makes sense?

 As a developer though you have licence to modify the loop  to show any
 data you or the client wishes, a common one is to drop profile meta into
 members loop items.

 I don't think there's anything to 'fix' here.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7376#comment:1>