[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7235: Allow for message threads to be deleted for users other than the current user

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 29 22:10:21 UTC 2016

#7235: Allow for message threads to be deleted for users other than the current
user
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  jdgrimes     |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Changes (by jdgrimes):

 * keywords:   => has-patch

 parameter to `BP_Messages_Thread::delete()` and
 `messages_delete_thread()`, and to action hooks that they call where I
 felt that it was appropriate.

 While working on this I realized that there could be back-compat issues
 with any functions hooked to those actions that will be assuming that the
 messages are being deleted for the logged-in user. I guess the only way to
 work around that would be to hack the current user when calling those
 actions, and then reset it afterward. Possibly then we'd also want to
 deprecate them and introduce new actions that preserve the current user
 when they are called. I guess this really could be an insurmountable
 obstacle to ever fixing this without introducing new functions with new
 actions.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7235#comment:1>