[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7232: Enhancement Request: Provide metabox for editing Group Photos in backend of Groups

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Aug 25 16:59:04 UTC 2016

#7232: Enhancement Request: Provide metabox for editing Group Photos in backend of
Groups
 Reporter:  garrett-     |      Owner:
  eclipse                |     Status:  new
     Type:  enhancement  |  Milestone:  Awaiting Review
Component:  Groups       |   Keywords:  ui-feedback ux-feedback has-
 Severity:  normal       |  screenshots
 Hello,

 Wanted to request a feature, apologies if it's already been requested
 previously.

 I was surprised to find there wasn't a way to edit the Group Photo from
 the backend of a Group. Would be handy to introduce a metabox for editing
 the Group Photo similar to the Profile Photo metabox found on the Extended
 Profile tab of a users backend profile. Or like the featured image metabox
 that's found on posts and CPTs.

 Screen of Profile Photo Editor metabox;
 http://i.imgur.com/ye4SiDX.png

 Personally I prefer using the backend editor with everything available on
 one page over the front-end manage tab where everything is in separate
 tabs so introducing the Photo editor allows me to keep my workflow minimal
 without needing to jump to the front-end manage of a group.

 Thank you

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7232>