[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5790: If leave a private group and click request membership button before refresh page get -1

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Oct 10 18:12:49 UTC 2015

#5790: If leave a private group and click request membership button before refresh
page get -1
--------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  SinOB               |       Owner:  DJPaul
     Type:  defect (bug)        |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by hnla):

 All the pre-pending of the selector to the class means is a heavier weight
 to the selector set. Seldom is it necessary to add the selector to a token
 unless that class token might exist on various elements and you need to
 specify the one the ruleset is applying to in this instance.

 Almost certainly we can and should remove these sorts of over specified
 selector sets, we have where possible in js and css files, a fair few do
 still exist though.

 I would recommend we roll with this patch removing the 'div', I doubt
 whether we'll see any issues but I'll run the patch and try and see if
 anything looks odd.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5790#comment:14>