[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6720: The order of site wide activity items seems to be wrong when the scope is set to either groups or friends

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 10 16:51:48 UTC 2015

#6720: The order of site wide activity items seems to be wrong when the scope is
set to either groups or friends
----------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  henry.wright          |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)          |      Status:  new
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * keywords:   => needs-patch
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 2.5

Comment:

 > There's no reason to order by ID imho else it would be problematic for
 plugins editing the date recorded of their activities.

 I think you're misunderstanding what @henry.wright is suggesting. He's
 saying that we should use the `id` column as a *secondary* sort - a tie-
 breaker. I think it's a good idea, both here and elsewhere in BP where
 we're sorting by date. See https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30480,
 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30478

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6720#comment:6>