[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6448: Unconditional set of $wp_rewrite->use_verbose_page_rules = false breaks flush_rewrite_rules()

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 21 12:39:57 UTC 2015

#6448: Unconditional set of $wp_rewrite->use_verbose_page_rules = false breaks
flush_rewrite_rules()
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  chherbst           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * keywords:   => reporter-feedback

Comment:

 Thanks for the report. It appears that LearnDash is not available for
 free, so I'm afraid I don't have access to test it directly. Can you
 describe in a bit more detail the way in which LearnDash is calling
 `flush_rewrite_rules()`? It should *not* be doing it on every pageload,
 and if it is, then it's a bug there and not in BP.

 As for our own `use_verbose_page_rules` override: this should only take
 effect once BP has determined that you're looking at a BP page. Again, my
 guess is that BP is overriding `use_verbose_page_rules` (at `'bp_init'`,
 which is fired at `'init'`), and then LearnDash is calling
 `flush_rewrite_rules()` afterward, on every pageload, so that viewing a
 page like /activity/ resets your permalink settings.

 If you can provide a bit more data or corroboration of my hypothesis,
 maybe I can help suggest an improvement to LearnDash that will work around
 this problem - if nothing else, running `flush_rewrite_rules()` later
 (say, 'init' with priority 999) should do it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6448#comment:1>