[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6107: Missing site titles for BP pages in Twenty Fifteen and new themes which add support to the new title-tag feature

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 6 18:02:45 UTC 2015

#6107: Missing site titles for BP pages in Twenty Fifteen and new themes which add
support to the new title-tag feature
------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  mercime           |       Owner:  hnla
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by hnla):

 In other words 'register' is not a directory. I did consider 'register' &
 'activate' but figured in reality what we set read ok and in reality title
 tags or SEO for these two BP screens was less important - perhaps that's a
 bad way of looking at it though.

 If we include those two screens then in the bail out, in effect saying
 only manipulate title tags for single groups, single members, we can
 simply add `bp_is_register_page()` & activate to that early check removing
 the later `$title_parts`?

 With the `Group Create` & `Blog Create` screens not being Pages I would
 suggest they were treated as the single groups/members are being, we'll
 manipulate the strings.

 Can we get a consensus amongst the core devs then as to this notion that
 what we'll now end up doing is simply writing title tags for those screens
 that don't exist as pages and leave the others to WP or thirdparty plugins
 to handle

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6107#comment:30>