[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6234: Multiple scopes in activity-loop.php doesn't work correctly when activity auto-refresh is checked

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 6 16:45:44 UTC 2015

#6234: Multiple scopes in activity-loop.php doesn't work correctly when activity
auto-refresh is checked
-----------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  bphelp                       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                 |      Status:  new

Comment (by imath):

 @boonebgorges i'm also dreaming about this :
 > (Or by fetching activity items via an API and building the page in JS -
 a man can dream!)

 I think, we'll need to wait a bit for what i'm suggesting. I think, if we
 are to use the data that are prepended to a script using
 `wp_localize_script()`, then we need to first work on this one #5931 : it
 seems more natural to me to intercept the script data while we can, and as
 the activity loop happens after `wp_head()`, we need an extra time we can
 get by moving the javascript into the footer.

 6234.02.patch is a working example of how this could look like.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6234#comment:13>