[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6107: Missing site titles for BP pages in Twenty Fifteen and new themes which add support to the new title-tag feature

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 5 16:24:35 UTC 2015

#6107: Missing site titles for BP pages in Twenty Fifteen and new themes which add
support to the new title-tag feature
------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  mercime           |       Owner:  hnla
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 The problem with catering too much to Yoast's plugin is that it's just one
 plugin (popular though it may be). In what sense does Yoast have "no
 knowledge" of member account screens? Why is this not also true for group
 screens? Why is it not a problem on directories? Because we're using WP
 pages for directories? We should only juggle `bp_is_user()` etc if we are
 confident that this is going to be a problem with any such plugin; I don't
 want to make large architectural changes based solely on what Yoast is
 doing.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6107#comment:22>