[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6107: Missing site titles for BP pages in Twenty Fifteen and new themes which add support to the new title-tag feature

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Mar 4 23:03:23 UTC 2015

#6107: Missing site titles for BP pages in Twenty Fifteen and new themes which add
support to the new title-tag feature
------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  mercime           |       Owner:  hnla
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by hnla):

 @imath The patch looks good so far in testing with possible issues though
 with member user account screens.

 On the staging site running Yoast with Yoast deactivated the BP  new
 function `bp_modify_page_title()` looks to work as intended and on
 directory component and user account screens returns the component names
 and user names or 'your profile' for the logged in user.

 With Yoast re-activated and where pages are manually configured to use
 placeholders i.e `%%title%% | %%sitename%%` these are correctly honoured
 and override the BP titles for directories.

 On the user account screens I'm not getting any output though for username
 or logged in user string with Yoast re-activated; I'll look at that
 further to try and establish why, at this preliminary stage it may be
 something I've done.

 I'll also try and find the various support threads on title issues so we
 can test those as well plus #6729 in the morning.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6107#comment:11>