[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6520: xprofile_check_is_required_field should also check for capability when in admin

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jun 22 14:34:51 UTC 2015

#6520: xprofile_check_is_required_field should also check for capability when in
admin
----------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  thomaslhotta          |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)          |     Status:  new
Component:  Component - XProfile  |    Version:  2.3.2
 Severity:  normal                |   Keywords:
----------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hi,

 I am trying to implement a more granular user management as I already
 stated in a previous ticket (#5932).

 Currently the ''xprofile_check_is_required_field'' function checks for
 capabilities only on the front end due to this line:

 {{{
         // Super admins can skip required check
         if ( bp_current_user_can( 'bp_moderate' ) && ! is_admin() ) {

 }}}

 With this in place I cannot edit fields in the WordPress admin interface,
 even if I have the ''bp_moderate'' capability. I can't think of any reason
 why this check should only be performed on the front end side. So maybe
 the ''! is_admin()'' part should be removed.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6520>