[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6162: Tests requiring multisite should be marked as skipped in non-multisite environments

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jan 24 13:54:46 UTC 2015

#6162: Tests requiring multisite should be marked as skipped in non-multisite
environments
 Reporter:  DJPaul       |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Unit Tests   |    Version:
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
 Some of our tests rely on multisite, and we've mostly used a
 `is_multisite` check with a `return` if the tests are being run in a non-
 multisite environment. phpUnit interprets the test as having passed
 successfully, when it hasn't been run -- it's been skipped.

 While this is not at all a significant issue, I believe we should either
 move the multisite tests into a separate test suite configuration in
 phpunit.xml.dist, so they aren't run at all, or we could update these
 tests to use phpUnit's `markTestSkipped` method so that the test counts as
 having been skipped.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6162>