[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6107: Missing site titles for BP pages in Twenty Fifteen and new themes which add support to the new title-tag feature

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 21 22:35:53 UTC 2015

#6107: Missing site titles for BP pages in Twenty Fifteen and new themes which add
support to the new title-tag feature
--------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  mercime       |       Owner:

Comment (by johnjamesjacoby):

 > What do you think of this plan ?

 I think `wp_title()` (and `bp_title()` by association) are poor
 representations of what most people expect from title tags these days, and
 we should move towards not supporting enhancements to it going forward.

 Patch and approach look fine to me. Works as expected, and moves us closer
 to dropping support for `wp_title()`.

 Note: I hate that we have to do all this, but once it's done, we can
 pretty much leave it alone.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6107#comment:4>