[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6254: Chunk of Unicode text does not show any excerpt in BP activity stream at all

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 25 06:49:30 UTC 2015

#6254: Chunk of Unicode text does not show any excerpt in BP activity stream at
all
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  rosyteddy          |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by rosyteddy):

 @boonebgorges  These are actual use cases, when users have entered various
 things, long texts, multiple pictures and other unexpected stuffs. I
 started hobby sites with flat forum 14 years ago, and have since then
 experimented with drupal, wordpress and others and seen many things users
 can do. If BP is by design like that, we may need to warn users that for
 long Indic words without space they may not get auto-excerpts. In certain
 Indic mantras (=religious chant) you may have such actual long words.
 Conjoined words or "Juktashara" in Indic words may actually appear much
 shorter in width and yet have more than 200 to 300 characters.

 Thanks for your help.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6254#comment:3>