[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6051: Rename bp-core/admin/ files to avoid confusion with non-admin files sharing the same name

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 24 14:16:18 UTC 2015

#6051: Rename bp-core/admin/ files to avoid confusion with non-admin files sharing
the same name
--------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  DJPaul                    |       Owner:  DJPaul
     Type:  enhancement               |      Status:  closed

Comment (by johnjamesjacoby):

 If any IDE cannot distinguish the difference between filenames in separate
 directories, that's a tool problem, and one that should not dictate how we
 name our files.

 In my experience, the IDE I use has no problem with opening files in
 different directories, and I expect a lack of support for a global rename
 to shorten filenames (likely resulting in more overlap between components)
 even though one benefit would be more filenames visible in the tabulated
 area of my IDE where there is also a UI breadcrumb to the open file to
 dispel any confusion.

 At the risk of stating the very obvious, I am 100% in favor of using tools
 to improve the readability and usability BuddyPress, and I don't disagree
 that this changeset fixes this issue which it sounds annoys more than 1 of
 us.

 Given the recent class break-ups in #6083 and discussion around renaming
 files in Slack last week, this seems like a hot enough topic to try to
 define what our goals are with filenames and take steps to achieve them in
 2.3.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6051#comment:7>