[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6234: Multiple scopes in activity-loop.php doesn't work correctly when activity auto-refresh is checked

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Feb 22 01:49:39 UTC 2015

#6234: Multiple scopes in activity-loop.php doesn't work correctly when activity
auto-refresh is checked
----------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  bphelp                |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)          |      Status:  new

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 Thanks for working through this, imath and bphelp.

 > If not being able to hard cod arguments into the template is really
 annoying for this feature, we'd have to change this in favor of using the
 activity-loop.php template and find a new way to get the time of the last
 activity recorded. Imho, using hardcoded arguments is not a good idea, but
 i don't mind working on this.

 Hardcoding the params into the template is not ideal for a number of
 reasons - for one, it doesn't play nicely with our cookie implementation.
 But, regardless, bphelp is correct that this is what's been "officially"
 recommended for a long time. So I think we should do what we can to
 support it.

 imath - Switching to activity-loop.php in
 `bp_activity_heartbeat_last_recorded()` doesn't seem at a glance like
 it'll be overly difficult. But if there are problems, here's another idea
 (I have no idea how hard it will be to implement): Maybe
 `bp_has_activities()` can include in its return value an array of
 parameters that it used to retrieve items; then we could print these as a
 JS variable using `wp_localize_script()`, and heartbeat could use them to
 retrieve the next items. The more I think about it, the worse this idea
 seems, but I thought I'd throw it out there :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6234#comment:9>