[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6234: Multiple scopes in activity-loop.php doesn't work correctly when activity auto-refresh is checked

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 20 20:50:42 UTC 2015

#6234: Multiple scopes in activity-loop.php doesn't work correctly when activity
auto-refresh is checked
----------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  bphelp                |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)          |      Status:  new

Comment (by bphelp):

 Hi again @imath
 If hard-coding arguments is not a good idea or the best practice since BP
 has had many changes and improvements in this last year alone then it
 would probably be a best to get some decent documentation on the codex so
 that users will know how to apply the best practices instead of the old
 ways of getting around things like I had done by hard-coding the
 parameters and arguments in an overloaded template file.
 https://codex.buddypress.org/developer/loops-reference/the-activity-
 stream-loop/ needs to be updated as well because it leads one to believe
 the only way one can alter the behavior of the activity stream is by hard-
 coding the parameters and arguments into the template file. It doesn't
 even mention template overload which shows how out of date this is. I am
 all for change if it improves BP but I would like to see the
 improvements/changes a little better documented on the codex so  other
 users as well as myself know how to apply the best practices. Thanks for
 the gist link and thanks again for your time, I really appreciate it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6234#comment:7>