[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6234: Multiple scopes in activity-loop.php doesn't work correctly when activity auto-refresh is checked

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 19 22:56:11 UTC 2015

#6234: Multiple scopes in activity-loop.php doesn't work correctly when activity
auto-refresh is checked
----------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  bphelp                |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)          |      Status:  new

Comment (by bphelp):

 Hi @boonebgorges
 I overloaded the template according to:
 https://codex.buddypress.org/themes/theme-compatibility-1-7/a-quick-look-
 at-1-7-theme-compatibility/#overloading-template-compatibility-theme-files
 Is there another way to implement multiple scopes without overloading the
 activity-loop.php template and hard-coding the scope parameters that I am
 unaware of? As I stated before it works the way I did it but if activity
 auto-refresh is checked in the dashboard/settings/buddypress/settings then
 a user you are not friends with still gets the load newest notice on the
 activity page and if clicked on then that user can see the activity
 briefly until they refresh the activity page then it goes away. @danbp
 also confirmed this phenomenon on this support forum thread:
 https://buddypress.org/support/topic/multiple-scopes-in-activity-loop-php-
 not-entirely-working-in-bp-2-2-1/
 Also please note I have tested this using the twenty-fifteen theme all the
 way down to twenty-thirteen with the same results. Thanks!

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6234#comment:2>